SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
Making cookies at home?
I love the wonderful smell of baking cookies.
This is the simplest sugar cookie that you can make at home.
This is a sugar cookie recipe without any icing or decorations.
Christmas time or any holiday is never completed with soft and chewy homemade cookies.
For the easiest decorations for these cookies, just dip them in chocolate after cooling and freeze it for an hour.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar for rolling at the end
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F and place a cookie rack with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and keep aside.
- In a large bowl whisk butter and sugar until fluffy. (Butter will lose its color).
- Add egg and vanilla extract and continue beating until smooth (1 minute).
- Add the flour mixture slowly and mix it well to form a soft dough but not sticky.
- Make small balls from the dough cutting it with a small cookie scooper and roll it over the additional sugar, place it 2 inches apart on the cookie rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies spread and the top cracks. (Do not over bake and turn the cookies golden brown while baking).