BEST FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
This is the best cake recipe that I have made so far.
Highly recommended for a Christmas fruit cake or any holiday cake recipe.
You can add dry fruits according to your choice.
I have put my favorite cherries, cashew nut and dates along with some black raisins.
This fruit cake recipe does not use any wine still it tastes delicious.
After the cake is done, you can also sprinkle some sugar syrup on it to make it moister.
- 1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 1 cup chopped raisins, cherries, and dates
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar for batter +1/2 cup for syrup
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
FOR THE SYRUP
- In a non-stick pan, melt 1/2 cup sugar until melts and turns into a semi-dark caramel color. Turn off the heat. (Will take 7-10 minutes).
- Add 1/4 cup water. Sugar will harden and turn on the heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Let it cool and keep it aside.
FOR THE DRY FRUITS
- Chop the dry fruits and put them in a bowl.
- Add 3tbsp flour to the dry fruits bowl to coat and dredge them properly. ( So that they do not sink at the bottom while making the cake).
FOR THE CAKE BATTER
- Beat the butter and sugar until it mixes properly.
- Add the eggs and beat it until fluffy and eggs lose its color. (will take around 7-8 minutes).
- Add the rest of the items and beat it until a uniform liquid. ( It will take around 10 -12 minutes).
- Add the cooled caramel and dredged dry fruits and pour the batter into a cake pan.
FOR THE GAS STOVE
- Place a large pan on medium heat and place an iron stand on it. Put the lid on and heat it on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Now place the cake pan and put the flame on low for 45-55 minutes with the lid on. (Check at 45 minutes if the cake is done with an inserting a clean stick into the cake. If it comes out dry then fine else keep heating it on low flame).