CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
This is one of the desserts which you will want to make every week.
This bread pudding with caramel sauce recipe is simple to make but it takes long steaming and freezing hours.
This is basically passive cooking, homemade, too delicious caramel bread pudding recipe.
- 1/4 cup sugar (for caramel)
- 1/2 cup sugar (for pudding)
- 5 bread slices
- 1/4 cup Custard Powder
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- A 6-inch pan or any cake oven
FOR THE CARAMEL
- Put 1/4 cup sugar in a pan and heat on a medium flame.
- Caramelize the sugar until brown in color. Take care that it does not get burnt.
- Immediately transfer the caramel in a 6-inch pan or the cake oven.
- Spread evenly and keep it aside.
FOR THE PUDDING
- Cut the edges of the 5 bread slices.
- Now take the bread and cut into small pieces and put in a mixer grinder.
- Grind it well until an almost uniform powder.
- In a separate bowl or cup take 1/4 cup custard powder and mix it with 1/2 cup water. Mix well.
- In a pan add 1.5 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of sugar and bring it to boil on a medium flame.
- Once it starts boiling, add the custard mixture to it slowly.
- Cook in on medium flame and keep stirring until it becomes of thick consistency.
- Now lower the flame and add the bread crumbs gradually.
- Once all the bread crumbs are added and mixed uniformly, pour it to the 6-inch pan/oven which already had the caramel base.
- Make the bread pudding even on the top with a spatula.
For the 6-inch pan
- Cover the 6-inch pan with any aluminum foil or a parchment paper.
- Now pour some water in a wide-mouthed pan and put a stand on it to place the 6-inch pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and steam it on a medium flame for 30 minutes.
For the cake oven
- No need to cover it with any foil paper. as it already will have the lid.
- Put it on a medium flame for 25-30 minutes after pouring water to its base.
After 30 Minutes
- Bring it to room temperature and allow it to freeze in a freezer for the next 2 hours.
- Take the pan out of the freezer, remove the foil paper and put the pan/oven upside down on any plate.